- WHAT TO EXPECT
When you are admitted, an admitting representative will ask you to complete and sign several forms, including a consent form for hospital admission and medical treatment, and a financial form, which, among other things, allows Kauno klinikos to bill your insurance carrier directly.
- WHAT TO BRING
- Pyjamas (if you do not wish to wear the provided patient gown).
- A robe and slippers (Slippers are not provided, but may be purchased in the gift shop.)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Comb or brush, non-electric shaving equipment, and cosmetics.
- Eyeglasses, dentures, or hearing aids, and their respective containers (labeled).
- A list of all medications (prescription and over-the-counter) that you take, with dosage and frequency information.
- Your social security number, your insurance information (name of carrier, policy number, card), and pre-certification (in writing) from your health insurance company.
- WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Large amounts of money
- Electrical devices, such as laptop computers, cellular phones, and hair dryers
- VISITING HOURS
Most people want to know about visiting times. Usually there will be signs providing this information. Ask any staff member if you do not see the sign or want to know more.
- DISCHARGE & DEPARTURE
Your physician will decide the actual day of your discharge depending on your physical condition and other needs. Your physician will notify you and other members of the health-care team in advance of your expected discharge date.
- DISCHARGE INFORMATION
Your doctor and nurse will give you instructions and talk to you about your post-hospital care. If you have any questions about your diet, medications, activities or anything else, please be sure to ask a member of your health care team before you leave the hospital. Your care team will also give you contact information if you have questions about your care after your departure.
- OTHER QUESTIONS?
Whether you seek specialized medical treatment in Lithuania, or an advice from healthcare professionals, Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kauno klinikos is fully prepared to meet any of your needs.
Phone: +370 37 32 60 89
Phone (24/7): +370 37 326262, +370 37 327198
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION DEPARTMENT
Phone: +370 37 32 71 94
Any comments or claims about your experiences at our Hospital are welcome. Please, send them in written form to the address or e-mail below:
Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kauno klinikos
Address: Eivenių Str. 2, LT-50161, Kaunas, Lithuania